learning java as a n00b

kurasaki91

Everyone here, should have started learning as a noob at once. how you guys learned this language as a noob?
i am planning to do OCA(java 7 SE). do you suggest to write this exam?

markspace

Everyone here, should have started learning as a noob at once. how
you guys learned this language as a noob? i am planning to do
OCA(java 7 SE). do you suggest to write this exam?

I actually took the SJCP exam way back when I first started with Java.
The exam itself was a piece of cake and not really worth the effort,
however studying for it helped me learn Java.

I recommend exam books by Kathy Sierra if you're going to take the exam,
she seems to have the most comprehensive books. I used an earlier
version, but this looks like the current study guide:

<http://www.amazon.com/Programmer-Study-Guide-1Z0-803-Certification/dp/0071772006/>

OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1Z0-803 & 804)
(Certification Press) [Hardcover]
Kathy Sierra (Author), Bert Bates (Author)

Arne Vajhøj

Everyone here, should have started learning as a noob at once. how
you guys learned this language as a noob? i am planning to do
OCA(java 7 SE). do you suggest to write this exam?

I actually took the SJCP exam way back when I first started with Java.
The exam itself was a piece of cake and not really worth the effort,
however studying for it helped me learn Java.

I recommend exam books by Kathy Sierra if you're going to take the exam,
she seems to have the most comprehensive books. I used an earlier
version, but this looks like the current study guide:

<http://www.amazon.com/Programmer-Study-Guide-1Z0-803-Certification/dp/0071772006/>

OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1Z0-803 & 804)
(Certification Press) [Hardcover]
Kathy Sierra (Author), Bert Bates (Author)

I will second that.

Sierra and Bates are pretty good.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Everyone here, should have started learning as a noob at once. how you guys learned this language as a noob?
i am planning to do OCA(java 7 SE). do you suggest to write this exam?

I will suggest:
1) Get a good Java beginners book
2) Supplement with stuff on the internet like the official Java tutorial
3) Get a study guide for that specific certification

Arne

Roedy Green