    programming background in PHP, Javascript and HTML.

    Thanks for the help.

    Take care
    paddy_nyr, Jul 16, 2008

  2. paddy_nyr

    Mark Space Guest

    paddy_nyr wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Could someone recommend a good book to learn java? And I do have a
    > programming background in PHP, Javascript and HTML.

    I like _Learning Java_ by O'Reilly. It's got all the basics, but also
    enough advanced material to keep the book as a reference after you're
    done with the introductory material. I've looked at a few other
    beginning Java books such as Head First and the Deital book, and I think
    Learning Java is head and shoulders above both.

    For online resources, besides the two Lew mentioned, I also like the
    javapassion.com website. It's run by a researcher who works for Sun and
    gives free on-line classes in various aspects of Java programming. The
    introductory class appears to be starting in about 3 weeks, on August
    11th. It might be a good idea to jump on that.

    http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro/
    Mark Space, Jul 17, 2008

  3. paddy_nyr

    paddy_nyr Guest

    "paddy_nyr" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Could someone recommend a good book to learn java? And I do have a
    > programming background in PHP, Javascript and HTML.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    > Take care

    Thanks all for the replys
    paddy_nyr, Jul 17, 2008