Learning Java Book

paddy_nyr

Hi All,

Could someone recommend a good book to learn java? And I do have a
programming background in PHP, Javascript and HTML.

Thanks for the help.

Take care

Mark Space

paddy_nyr said:
Hi All,

Could someone recommend a good book to learn java? And I do have a
programming background in PHP, Javascript and HTML.

I like _Learning Java_ by O'Reilly. It's got all the basics, but also
enough advanced material to keep the book as a reference after you're
done with the introductory material. I've looked at a few other
beginning Java books such as Head First and the Deital book, and I think
Learning Java is head and shoulders above both.

For online resources, besides the two Lew mentioned, I also like the
javapassion.com website. It's run by a researcher who works for Sun and
gives free on-line classes in various aspects of Java programming. The
introductory class appears to be starting in about 3 weeks, on August
11th. It might be a good idea to jump on that.

http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro/

paddy_nyr

paddy_nyr said:
Hi All,

Could someone recommend a good book to learn java? And I do have a
programming background in PHP, Javascript and HTML.

Thanks for the help.

Take care
Thanks all for the replys