  1. Hello Everyone,
    I'm 100% new in the java world. An I'm looking for some books to learn java. Can someone please tell me some good books to buy? Also is there a good website to learn java?

    Thank you for the help
    Phillip Villoutreix, Dec 2, 2012

  2. Phillip Villoutreix

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 12/2/2012 1:57 PM, Phillip Villoutreix wrote:
    > Hello Everyone, I'm 100% new in the java world. An I'm looking for
    > some books to learn java. Can someone please tell me some good books
    > to buy? Also is there a good website to learn java?

    I would go for a good book.

    Search for Java books on Amazon, read description and reviews and
    see if something looks suitable for you.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Dec 2, 2012

  3. Phillip Villoutreix

    markspace Guest

    On 12/2/2012 10:57 AM, Phillip Villoutreix wrote:
    > Hello Everyone, I'm 100% new in the java world. An I'm looking for
    > some books to learn java. Can someone please tell me some good books
    > to buy? Also is there a good website to learn java?

    Website: Oracle's own Java Tutorial will get you started:

    <http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/>

    That's less pedagogical than I'd prefer, but it does explain things,
    although it tends to stick the the very basics.

    Books: I started with O'Reilly's Learning Java:

    <http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596008734.do>

    There's lots more to learn, but that'll get you started.
    markspace, Dec 3, 2012
  4. Phillip Villoutreix

    K Guest

    On Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:57:11 AM UTC-8, Phillip Villoutreix wrote:
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > I'm 100% new in the java world. An I'm looking for some books to learn java. Can someone please tell me some good books to buy? Also is there a good website to learn java?
    >

    > Thank you for the help

    Java for dummies
    K, Dec 3, 2012
  5. Phillip Villoutreix

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 10:57:11 -0800 (PST), Phillip Villoutreix
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/gettingstarted.html
    Roedy Green, Dec 3, 2012