Learning Python, 2nd Edition

Ron Stephens

Woot! I just got my copy of Learning Python 2nd Edition from Amazon
this weekend. I am leaving on a business trip to China in a few days,
so I can use the long trans-Pacific flights to read the book, one of
my favorite Python-book-reading times. I'm almost glad I didn't get
the book in time for the holidays ;-))) (holdays == another of my
favorite book-reading times).

The book should be a good refresher course and get me up to speed on
the new preferred idioms for using the newer language features.

I am now using Firedrop2, Hans Nowak's open source content management
and blog tool for my web site. This is fun; a straightforward,
relatively easy client side tool written in Python and scriptable in
Python.

When I get back from China I want to write a review of LP 2nd Edition,
and try my hand at writing some user docs for Firedrop2.

Firedrop2 can be found at
http://www.zephyrfalcon.org/weblog/arch_Firedrop.html and my website
and new Blog are at http://www.awaretek.com/plf.html

I noticed there were some folks on this list a few weeks/months ago
who were impatiently awaiting this book. Now sounds like a good time
to rush out and buy a copy ;-)))

Ron Stephens