    basics.

    Also, any good web references would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in Advance
    Phyrestang, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Phyrestang

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello Phyrestang,

    > Hi there. I've decided that my first real language I want to learn to
    > program in is Python. I've been using the Python tutorials at
    > Python.org, but I'm looking for something a little more in depth.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend any good books for a someone new to python, and
    > to programming? I should mention that while I am new, I do catch on
    > quickly, so I'm not looking for a book that gives just the bare
    > basics.

    http://www.python.org/topics/learn/

    Bye.
    Miki Tebeka <>
    The only difference between children and adults is the price of the toys.
    Miki Tebeka, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Phyrestang

    gsm Guest

    try these, i found them usefull

    http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/dist/thinkCSpy.pdf
    http://diveintopython.org/
    http://www.onlamp.com/python/
    http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIPython

    hope it helps , regards

    graeme

    gsm, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Phyrestang

    Swaroop C H Guest

    Hi,

    > Can anyone recommend any good books for a someone new to python, and
    > to programming? I should mention that while I am new, I do catch on
    > quickly, so I'm not looking for a book that gives just the bare
    > basics.
    >
    > Also, any good web references would be greatly appreciated.

    Maybe my book 'A Byte of Python' would be helpful for you:

    http://www.python.g2swaroop.net/

    Enjoy,
    Swaroop
    Swaroop C H, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Phyrestang

    Ron Stephens Guest

    You might want to look at my site at www.awaretek.com/plf.html which
    has a lot of Python book reviews and also links to an awful lot of
    online tutorials.

    Ron Stephens
    Ron Stephens, Jun 16, 2004
  6. On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 06:08:34 GMT, Phyrestang <>
    wrote:

    >Hi there. I've decided that my first real language I want to learn to
    >program in is Python. I've been using the Python tutorials at
    >Python.org, but I'm looking for something a little more in depth.
    >
    >Can anyone recommend any good books for a someone new to python, and
    >to programming? I should mention that while I am new, I do catch on
    >quickly, so I'm not looking for a book that gives just the bare
    >basics.

    Learning Python 2nd ed seems to me the best choice for an introduction
    more complete than the tutorials. You may be frustrated by the slow
    pace, however. I'm still looking for a book that presents the basic
    principles clearly and concisely, and has lots of examples and
    exercises separate from the main presentation, so you can move as
    quickly or as slowly as you like.

    I've written a chapter on Python OOP, which attempts to do this.
    http://ece.arizona.edu/~edatools/Python I have not yet presented it
    to students, so early feedback will be greatly appreciated.

    -- Dave

    * David MacQuigg, PhD * email: dmq at gain.com * *
    * IC Design Engineer * phone: USA 520-721-4583 * * *
    * Analog Design Methodologies * * *
    * * 9320 East Mikelyn Lane * * *
    * VRS Consulting, P.C. * Tucson, Arizona 85710 *
    David MacQuigg, Jun 16, 2004