    python stuff, only ruby...

    thanks
    Snaggy
    Snaggy, Sep 23, 2008

  2. Harry Kakueki, Sep 23, 2008

  3. Snaggy

    Alex Fenton Guest

    Snaggy wrote:
    > I decided to learn WxRuby. I'd like a book or something about it, can
    > you point me to some good resources? I don't want to study from c++ or
    > python stuff, only ruby...

    Aside from the wiki, I'd recommend looking at the samples that are
    included with the distribution. It's probably best to start with

    minimal/minimal.rb
    minimal/nothing.rb

    These cover the basic structure of a wxRuby application, and have a fair
    amount of comments explaining what's going on.

    After that, take a look at some others, eg

    controls/ & bigdemo/ [demonstrates a wide variety of different widgets]
    drawing/ [how to draw text, images etc]
    events/ [more advanced event handling]
    text/ [covers text controls and also internationalisation]

    Questions on wxRuby are usually better on the wxruby-users mailing list;
    this is a good place to ask for general tips on learning and using the
    library.

    Alex Fenton, Sep 23, 2008

  1. Hal Vaughan
  2. Luke A. Guest

    wxRuby License

    Luke A. Guest, Jun 30, 2003, in forum: Ruby