least number of Deployment files

Colin Basterfield

Hi,

A simple question, I am wondering which files I have to upload to the server
in order for my ASP.NET app to function correctly?

Cheers
Colin B

Guest

Dear Colin

You have to upload the aspx files, ascx, web.config file and the global.asax files

you dont need to upload the codebehind files (i.e. .cs if you are using csharp or .vb if you are using vb.net

just publish the bin folder which has the compiled DLL. it will work

hope it helps

----- Colin Basterfield wrote: ----

Hi

A simple question, I am wondering which files I have to upload to the serve
in order for my ASP.NET app to function correctly

Cheer
Colin

Pete Wright

Adding a deployment project to your solution would help you in this and only
upload what you need. It will also make it easier for you in future after
changes and maintenance work to repeat the publishing process.

--
Peter Wright
Author of ADO.NET Novice To Pro, from Apress Inc.

_____________________________

John Saunders

Colin Basterfield said:
Hi,

A simple question, I am wondering which files I have to upload to the server
in order for my ASP.NET app to function correctly?

One way to determine the minimum set of files is to use Project->Copy
Project in VS.NET.

Colin Basterfield

Hey guys!

Many thanks for all your input, I was very conscious of the questions
simplicity, but had just never thought about it until I had to copy my files
up, and thought 'hmm, which ones can I get away without?'

Cheers
Colin