Leave Event TextBox

Stan Sainte-Rose

Hi

Is there a Leave Event textbox ?
I would like to set a default value if the user doesn't fill up a textbox.

Thanks
Stan

Earl Teigrob

If you can wait till they submit the page, then use the button event handler
to set your default values if form fields are left empty.

You can also use pure Javascript and the OnBlur event to fill in a text box
if it is left empty.

You can also create a custom control that inherits from ASP.NET TextBox and
uses the OnBlur event to fire an event handler (with postback, of course)
and modify the contents of the text box as needed.

This last solutiion is the most involved, and I would look at other more
basic apporches before going to the work of this.

Earl