"Lecture Preparation" Discussions on Python

Amir Michail

Hi,

We are planning to have "lecture preparation" discussions in comp3141
at UNSW, where anyone can participate -- not only students taking the
subject.

There is a heavy python component in this class and I was wondering
whether anyone is interested in participating in these discussions.
We are looking for both python beginners and experts.

You can find the subject and a description of "lecture preparation"
discussions here:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~cs3141/

The class has about 200 3rd year software engineering students and I
hope many of them will become convinced of just how powerful and
simple python is.

Amir

Aahz

We are planning to have "lecture preparation" discussions in comp3141
at UNSW, where anyone can participate -- not only students taking the
subject.

There is a heavy python component in this class and I was wondering
whether anyone is interested in participating in these discussions.
We are looking for both python beginners and experts.

While I'm generally interested in such discussions, I won't be
participating because I hate web boards. I vastly prefer netnews, with
grudging use of e-mail lists.

John J. Lee

While I'm generally interested in such discussions, I won't be
participating because I hate web boards.

Me too.

I vastly prefer netnews, with
grudging use of e-mail lists.
[...]

Surely somebody has written a web board that'll let you subscribe to a
mailing list? (or even read a public IMAP mailbox -- not very popular,
though)

Anybody know of one?

John

Asun Friere

While I'm generally interested in such discussions, I won't be
participating because I hate web boards. I vastly prefer netnews, with
grudging use of e-mail lists.

Nice for those who can get it. The (educational) institution where I
work have, in their wisdom, decided not to make netnews available, so
I have to access even this newsgroup via a web board (GoogleGroups).

In any case it is good to see Python getting such a strong plug at
UNSW. Nice collection of Python links on that page BTW.

JanC

(e-mail address removed) (Asun Friere) schreef:
Nice for those who can get it. The (educational) institution where I
work have, in their wisdom, decided not to make netnews available, so
I have to access even this newsgroup via a web board (GoogleGroups).

You don't *have* to...

Register an account at <http://individual.net/> and you have access to a
very good news server. It's a free service from a German government-funded
research institute.