left align within centre align

Paul Lautman

Hi there,
I am trying to build a form that'll have 2 radio buttons aligned within the
form that is centre aligned.

I can't figure out how to keep the radio buttons in the correct place within
the form.

If you take a look at http://www.stjamesmilton.org.uk/email.htm I actually
want the buttons to stay under the "y" of type, regardless of the width of
the browser window.

Any pointers gratefully received.

TIA
Regards
Paul

Travis Newbury

Paul said:
Hi there,
I am trying to build a form that'll have 2 radio buttons aligned within the
form that is centre aligned.

Take them out of their private cell

geniolatenio

I can't figure out how to keep the radio buttons in the correct place within
the form.

If you take a look at http://www.stjamesmilton.org.uk/email.htm I actually
want the buttons to stay under the "y" of type, regardless of the width of
the browser window.

Well, you could probably fix the thing with css, but since you coded
the page using tables - an I love tables - here's my tip.

A solution is a 2 cells - 2 rows table with the "What type" sentence
in a 2-spanning cell in the first row and the buttons in the second
cell of the following row, while in the first cell you specify the
width in pixels.

Mmmm.. easier to show you the code than describing it..

message do you wish to send?</label></td>
value="1">Enquiry about church matters<br><input name="whoto"
type="radio" value="2">Feedback on web site</td>

Hope it helps,

geniolatenio

Bye

geniolatenio

Paul Lautman

geniolatenio said:
Well, you could probably fix the thing with css, but since you coded
the page using tables - an I love tables - here's my tip.

A solution is a 2 cells - 2 rows table with the "What type" sentence
in a 2-spanning cell in the first row and the buttons in the second
cell of the following row, while in the first cell you specify the
width in pixels.

Mmmm.. easier to show you the code than describing it..

message do you wish to send?</label></td>
value="1">Enquiry about church matters<br><input name="whoto"
type="radio" value="2">Feedback on web site</td>

Hope it helps,

geniolatenio

Bye

geniolatenio

Cheers for that. I was almost there but I had the label outside rather than
inside the table.