Left and Right hand splitting and resizing

Guest

I have a .aspx with a TreeView in the left hand and a GridView or a FormView
in the right hand. I would like to resize the two sides like in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp, but I didn't find the solution.
Can I get any help? Just a sample or a link to where I can learn about.
Thank you very much.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Bruno,

If you do a search for "asp.net splitter control" you'll find several
versions that are available.

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Guest

Hi Ken,
may be I'm wrong, but I can't find a standard Microsoft solution. I find
only licenced solutions from other providers. Is that correct?
--
bruno

bruno said:
I have a .aspx with a TreeView in the left hand and a GridView or a
FormView
in the right hand. I would like to resize the two sides like in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp, but I didn't find the
solution.
Can I get any help? Just a sample or a link to where I can learn about.
Thank you very much.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Bruno,

I'm afraid there is no official splitter control from Microsoft.

To create such a splitter control, you need DHTML and JavaScript. You can
find some example such as this one:
http://cross-browser.com/x/examples/xsplitter.html; note its license is GNU
LGPL.

Using the JavaScript library, you can embed the TreeView and GridView in
two DIVs; one thing you might need to enhance is to persist the splitter
position between postbacks.

Please reply to let me know whether or not you need further information.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

Guest

thanks for the suggestion, it works fine.
I think it would be better to have a splitter control from Microsotf in
ASP.NET 2.0 to avoid the use of dhtml and javascript instead of aspx and
VB.NET.
A splitter control is not so unusaul and in a large environment the need of
standards in Web applications desingn is very high for maintainance purposes.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Bruno,

I'm glad the suggestion helped.

Your feedback regarding the splitter control in ASP.NET is important for
us. I will forward it to our product team. If you like, you can also submit
your feedback at
http://connect.microsoft.com/Main/content/content.aspx?ContentID=2220 which
can be viewed by other .NET developers. Thanks.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support