Left side page menu control

sameer

Hi all,

i made an asp.net menu control to diplay the list of product categories on
the left side of the page that my website will sell. When the user clicks on
an item in this catrgory list, on the right side of the page i show them all
the products in this category. Really simple!!

This menu control is done using a microsoft datalist control embeded in a
ascx file to make a asp.net control, all nice and easy. I took it from the
Miscrosft ASP.net ecommerce sample enterprize application. Now there is an
enhancement that i want to do which is add another catergory above these
catergories, i.e group these product catrogies by another level above them
and dispaly them such that the old catrgory will be like a child category to
these new catrgory and would be a little indented towards the right and the
parent catrgories above the child categories would be a little towards the
left and higlightened. Is this possible at all using the datalist or shold i
go for something like a treeview. also if i am using a treeview, i want the
tree to be always expanded showing all the child catrgories below. Please
suggest.

thanks in advance