Legacy ADODB.Stream and System.IO.Filestream

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Hawksey, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. Hawksey

    Hawksey Guest

    Hello,

    I have an older CRM Web application, that we are not going to change to
    ..net that makes use of the ADODB object to load images into a SQL
    database (varbinary) field.

    I am rewriting an application in .NET that retrieves these images. I
    have used the following article to retrieve the image from the Database
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316887. The
    image is written to the filesystem, but does not display in the web
    application. The older application used to get the images using the
    following bit of code
    Dim oStream As ADODB.Stream
    Set oStream = New ADODB.Stream
    oStream.Write(....recordset("FieldName"))etc.
    oStream.SaveToFile PathAndFileName, adSaveCreateOverWrite

    Could anyone point me in the right direction as how to accomplish this.
    Without having to change the CRM application???

    Many Thanks
    Paul

    Hawksey, Nov 30, 2006

  2. Hawksey

    Hawksey Guest

    Not to worry, I worked out my problem.

    I had left out a line of very important code

    Doh

    Hawksey, Nov 30, 2006

  3. Why don't you share and help out someone else who might be having the
    same problem?

    --

    Bits.Bytes.
    http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

    Rad [Visual C# MVP], Nov 30, 2006
  4. Hawksey

    Mark Rae Guest

    > "Not to worry, I fixed it" without sharing the fix is as bad as "Urgent!
    > please help. Send me the solution right away!"

    Almost as bad as:

    "How do I <insert any REALLY obvious question>? I don't know how to use
    Google"

    Mark Rae, Nov 30, 2006