Leonardo Spectrum

Patrick

hello,

I have got this error message under Leonardo Spectrum :

- e_r_dsss_v21 contains infinite structural recursion.

e_r_dsss_v21 is my design file write in VHDL.

Do you have any idea of this message ?

Thanks.

Jonathan Bromley

hello,

I have got this error message under Leonardo Spectrum :
- e_r_dsss_v21 contains infinite structural recursion.
e_r_dsss_v21 is my design file write in VHDL.

Your architecture contains an instance of itself.

This may be quite hard to find. Perhaps your
architecture A contains an instance of architecture B,
which contains an instance of architecture A...

It is even more difficult to find if your
architecture INTENTIONALLY contains an instance
of itself. This is possible and useful, but it
must be controlled using generics so that the leaf
instances can be identified and created properly.

The simple advice: Look at every component instance
in your architecture, very carefully. Make sure
you understand what you are trying to do.

If your code is not too big, post it here.

If your code is big, try removing your component
instances one by one. This will give you some
unconnected (floating) signals, of course, but
it will help you to find the broken instance.
--
Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail:[email protected]