    e_r_dsss_v21 is my design file write in VHDL.

    Do you have any idea of this message ?

    Thanks.

    Patrick, Jul 21, 2004

  2. On 21 Jul 2004 09:06:01 -0700, (Patrick)
    wrote:

    >hello,
    >
    >I have got this error message under Leonardo Spectrum :
    >- e_r_dsss_v21 contains infinite structural recursion.
    >e_r_dsss_v21 is my design file write in VHDL.

    Your architecture contains an instance of itself.

    This may be quite hard to find. Perhaps your
    architecture A contains an instance of architecture B,
    which contains an instance of architecture A...

    It is even more difficult to find if your
    architecture INTENTIONALLY contains an instance
    of itself. This is possible and useful, but it
    must be controlled using generics so that the leaf
    instances can be identified and created properly.

    The simple advice: Look at every component instance
    in your architecture, very carefully. Make sure
    you understand what you are trying to do.

    If your code is not too big, post it here.

    If your code is big, try removing your component
    instances one by one. This will give you some
    unconnected (floating) signals, of course, but
    it will help you to find the broken instance.
    --
    Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

    Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail: