Leopard + mysql

X43 X43

Hello:

I am trying to connect to a remote mysql server via ruby with require
mysql tag.

I am seeing the following error :

dbconnect.rb:4:in `require': no such file to load -- mysql (LoadError)
from dbconnect.rb:4

Any thoughts ?

thanks

Michael Steinfeld

did you install the mysql adapter gem?

Michael said:
did you install the mysql adapter gem?

That's where the problem is coming. I tried doing that in both manner:

gem install mysql

and as shown here :
http://www.notsostupid.com/blog/2007/10/25/ruby-leopard-and-gems/

Both result in :

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

ruby extconf.rb install mysql
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lm... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lz... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lsocket... no
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lnsl... no
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
*** extconf.rb failed ***

Appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.
Aashish

Michael Steinfeld

Did you install MySQL? Binary or Source? Even if you are connecting to
a remote database, you are still going to have to have mysql header
files and libs installed.

X43 X43

Michael said:
Did you install MySQL? Binary or Source? Even if you are connecting to
a remote database, you are still going to have to have mysql header
files and libs installed.

NO I haven't installed MYSQL ( Binary/libraries/header files). Do you
mean a *full* mysql install ? Or are there drivers available ??

Laurent Sansonetti