    type bunches and f*&^(cking bunches of code to just come up with

    item.asp?orderID=xxxx

    what the F$$cking FD*ck is this F&&ck sh(*********t?

    Ashe Sjedic, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Can you use professional language in this forum please? Thanks.

    VB Programmer, Feb 3, 2006

  3. What the hell are you talking about? With incoherent rambling like this, no
    wonder you are having problems. :)

    Peter Rilling, Feb 3, 2006
  4. You do? I never had to do any of that, it was one line of code when I had to
    write something like that.

    Marina Levit [MVP], Feb 3, 2006
  5. Ashe Sjedic

    Ashe Sjedic Guest

    I have asked this question several ways in this group in the last two
    hours..
    NO repsonses.
    Get off your tail and anwer my question .,
    (Please)

    Professional or not. THIS IS NOT less code, it is not easier code.

    Ashe Sjedic, Feb 3, 2006
  6. Ashe Sjedic

    Ashe Sjedic Guest

    then how did you do it? is my REpeated question , I don;t know how many F***
    times

    Ashe Sjedic, Feb 3, 2006
  7. Dude, buy a book... If you are still not happy, then keep writing for ASP.

    Gabriel Magaña, Feb 3, 2006
  8. Ashe Sjedic

    James Woody Guest

    Sounds like you need a break, dude.

    Sorry about not getting your question answered.
    I think everyone must be out to lunch.- or sleeping again.
    Remember - a lot of these people are volunteers- even though they get credit
    for this work even whether they answer any questions or not.

    Take'r easy and be cool. You'll get it all soon enough.

    James Woody, Feb 3, 2006
  9. Ashe Sjedic

    john smith Guest

    Ashe Sjedic wrote:
    > I have asked this question several ways in this group in the last two
    > hours..
    > NO repsonses.
    > Get off your tail and anwer my question .,
    > (Please)
    >

    > Professional or not. THIS IS NOT less code, it is not easier code.

    All of 2 hours? That's almost eternity! Everybody just sits here waiting
    for other ppl's questions to answer immediately, it pays so well...
    </sarcasm>

    john smith, Feb 3, 2006
  10. For some of us it feel like we just wait for messages. ^o)

    Peter Rilling, Feb 3, 2006
  11. Being rude will get you no where. Bear in mind your not paying for any help
    you get here and many people will think you dont deserve any after your
    outbursts. This is a public forum driven by courtesy and staffed by
    volounteers. You've not said what you are trying to do, and why your having
    a problem even.

    I can add a hyperlink anywhere with one line of code.

    <asp:HyperLink id="hyperlink1" ImageUrl="images/pict.jpg"
    NavigateUrl=http://www.microsoft.com/item.asporderID=23 Text="Microsoft
    Official Site" Target="_new" runat="server"/>

    --
    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft MVP

    John Timney \( MVP \), Feb 3, 2006
  12. I've felt the same way generally. I have an ASP Classic Site (who's design
    isn't that complex) that I have tried for two months to replicate using
    ASP.Net. After two months I have only duplicated the "public" part of the
    site which doesn't require any authentication.

    I can't get anywhere with the "administration" part of the site that
    requires user authentication. MS only provided an SQL "Membership Provider"
    that requires SQL Server be loaded on the Web Server which *won't* be there
    on the hosting web server (and even if it was I wouldn't want to use it). So
    I have fought and fought to create a provider for an Access "MDB" Database.
    Every "example" I have tried to employ (some by MS, some not) fails. With
    ASP Classic it took a Session Variable and a couple lines of code that can
    be done in Notepad and works perfectly and I could almost do it in my sleep.
    So the "production" site continues to remain ASP Classic.

    --
    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Feb 3, 2006
  13. Ashe Sjedic

    James Woody Guest

    SAME HERE!

    James Woody, Feb 4, 2006
  14. Ashe Sjedic

    Jon Paal Guest

    Agreed.

    I think asp.net has been built to appease the desktop developers and mimic the behavior of desktop development. That's why C# was
    developed , so the C++ folks woudn't heve to go over to vb as they started developing for .net

    website development could be greatly simplified if they would stop trying to be desktop developers.

    Jon Paal, Feb 4, 2006
  15. Ashe Sjedic

    Alec MacLean Guest

    Don't shoot the messenger, but have you considered

    <yourdomain>/publicapp
    <yourdomain>/adminapp

    or perhaps to better suit,

    <yourdomain>
    <yourdomain>/adminapp

    With /adminapp implemented using Forms Authentication?

    This would depend on the architecture of your public appand just what is
    involved in your apps admin tasks, but if is it DB driven, then the adminapp
    could certainly help here by being connected to the same DB.

    Al

    Alec MacLean, Feb 4, 2006
  16. "Alec MacLean" <> wrote in message
    > Don't shoot the messenger, but have you considered
    >
    > <yourdomain>/publicapp
    > <yourdomain>/adminapp
    >
    > or perhaps to better suit,
    >
    > <yourdomain>
    > <yourdomain>/adminapp

    Yep. This one here, your second example.
    <mydomain>
    <mydomain>/admin

    > With /adminapp implemented using Forms Authentication?

    Yep. Forms Auth.

    > This would depend on the architecture of your public appand just what is
    > involved in your apps admin tasks, but if is it DB driven, then the

    adminapp
    > could certainly help here by being connected to the same DB.

    It's pretty simple. To access anything in the folder "/admin" (and anything
    below it) requires authentication, which is what I think you had in mind
    too. Everything above it (or same level in a different branch) is public
    anonymous access.

    MS included an MDB Membership Provider in the Beta1 of VS2005, but removed
    it in Beta2 and the final release,...stupid decision,...totally stupid
    decision. Forget the arugments about which is better,...Access or SQL
    Server,...it is not about that, it is about us being able to design things
    the way we want or the way the circumstances dictate instead being forced
    into a "cookie-cutter" design.

    They claim you can create your own provider, but the skill required to do
    that makes it too much hassle to deal with,...and comes across to me as
    lazyness on the part of the team that created VS2005, especially since the
    Provider was originally there and they removed it,...if it had problems,
    fine,..but leave it there anyway, fix it with a patch later (like everything
    else).

    Phillip Windell, Feb 6, 2006