less code????????????? are you out of your mind?

Ashe Sjedic

In asp , you make a query string with one line.

Now you have to click click click, add parameters edit templates
dig thru the documentation
type bunches and f*&^(cking bunches of code to just come up with

item.asp?orderID=xxxx

what the F$$cking FD*ck is this F&&ck sh(*********t?

Peter Rilling

What the hell are you talking about? With incoherent rambling like this, no
wonder you are having problems. :)

Marina Levit [MVP]

You do? I never had to do any of that, it was one line of code when I had to
write something like that.

Ashe Sjedic

I have asked this question several ways in this group in the last two
hours..
NO repsonses.
Get off your tail and anwer my question .,
(Please)

Professional or not. THIS IS NOT less code, it is not easier code.

Ashe Sjedic

then how did you do it? is my REpeated question , I don;t know how many F***
times

Gabriel Magaña

Dude, buy a book... If you are still not happy, then keep writing for ASP.

James Woody

Sounds like you need a break, dude.

Sorry about not getting your question answered.
I think everyone must be out to lunch.- or sleeping again.
Remember - a lot of these people are volunteers- even though they get credit
for this work even whether they answer any questions or not.

Take'r easy and be cool. You'll get it all soon enough.

john smith

Ashe said:
I have asked this question several ways in this group in the last two
hours..
NO repsonses.
Get off your tail and anwer my question .,
(Please)

Professional or not. THIS IS NOT less code, it is not easier code.

All of 2 hours? That's almost eternity! Everybody just sits here waiting
for other ppl's questions to answer immediately, it pays so well...
</sarcasm>

John Timney \( MVP \)

Being rude will get you no where. Bear in mind your not paying for any help
you get here and many people will think you dont deserve any after your
outbursts. This is a public forum driven by courtesy and staffed by
volounteers. You've not said what you are trying to do, and why your having
a problem even.

I can add a hyperlink anywhere with one line of code.

<asp:HyperLink id="hyperlink1" ImageUrl="images/pict.jpg"
NavigateUrl=http://www.microsoft.com/item.asporderID=23 Text="Microsoft
Official Site" Target="_new" runat="server"/>

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft MVP

Phillip Windell

I've felt the same way generally. I have an ASP Classic Site (who's design
isn't that complex) that I have tried for two months to replicate using
ASP.Net. After two months I have only duplicated the "public" part of the
site which doesn't require any authentication.

I can't get anywhere with the "administration" part of the site that
requires user authentication. MS only provided an SQL "Membership Provider"
that requires SQL Server be loaded on the Web Server which *won't* be there
on the hosting web server (and even if it was I wouldn't want to use it). So
I have fought and fought to create a provider for an Access "MDB" Database.
Every "example" I have tried to employ (some by MS, some not) fails. With
ASP Classic it took a Session Variable and a couple lines of code that can
be done in Notepad and works perfectly and I could almost do it in my sleep.
So the "production" site continues to remain ASP Classic.

James Woody

SAME HERE!

Phillip Windell said:
[...]

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

Ashe Sjedic said:
In asp , you make a query string with one line.

Now you have to click click click, add parameters edit templates
dig thru the documentation
type bunches and f*&^(cking bunches of code to just come up with

item.asp?orderID=xxxx

what the F$$cking FD*ck is this F&&ck sh(*********t?

Jon Paal

Agreed.

I think asp.net has been built to appease the desktop developers and mimic the behavior of desktop development. That's why C# was
developed , so the C++ folks woudn't heve to go over to vb as they started developing for .net

website development could be greatly simplified if they would stop trying to be desktop developers.

Ashe Sjedic said:
In asp , you make a query string with one line.

Now you have to click click click, add parameters edit templates
dig thru the documentation
type bunches and f*&^(cking bunches of code to just come up with

item.asp?orderID=xxxx

what the F$$cking FD*ck is this F&&ck sh(*********t?

Alec MacLean

Don't shoot the messenger, but have you considered

<yourdomain>/publicapp
<yourdomain>/adminapp

or perhaps to better suit,

<yourdomain>
<yourdomain>/adminapp

With /adminapp implemented using Forms Authentication?

This would depend on the architecture of your public appand just what is
involved in your apps admin tasks, but if is it DB driven, then the adminapp
could certainly help here by being connected to the same DB.

Al

Alec MacLean said:
Don't shoot the messenger, but have you considered

<yourdomain>/publicapp
<yourdomain>/adminapp

or perhaps to better suit,

<yourdomain>
<yourdomain>/adminapp

Yep. This one here, your second example.
<mydomain>
With /adminapp implemented using Forms Authentication?

Yep. Forms Auth.
This would depend on the architecture of your public appand just what is
involved in your apps admin tasks, but if is it DB driven, then the adminapp
could certainly help here by being connected to the same DB.

It's pretty simple. To access anything in the folder "/admin" (and anything
below it) requires authentication, which is what I think you had in mind
too. Everything above it (or same level in a different branch) is public
anonymous access.

MS included an MDB Membership Provider in the Beta1 of VS2005, but removed
it in Beta2 and the final release,...stupid decision,...totally stupid
decision. Forget the arugments about which is better,...Access or SQL
Server,...it is not about that, it is about us being able to design things
the way we want or the way the circumstances dictate instead being forced
into a "cookie-cutter" design.

They claim you can create your own provider, but the skill required to do
that makes it too much hassle to deal with,...and comes across to me as
lazyness on the part of the team that created VS2005, especially since the
Provider was originally there and they removed it,...if it had problems,
fine,..but leave it there anyway, fix it with a patch later (like everything
else).