    code using the correct data structure. Instead of fighting to "search" for
    answers with Perl you can simple provide them. Perl is great and I love it,
    it should be on any educational program !
    George Mpouras, Jun 29, 2012

  2. "George Mpouras" <>
    wrote:
    >From my experience I found out that in many cases you can replace tones of
    >code using the correct data structure.

    That is a very fundamental realization, welcome to the club. If your
    professor tought only algorithms instead of algorithms and data
    structures then you may want to ask for you money back.

    Actually I think it would be difficult to talk about non-trivial
    algorithms without talking about data structures. And when solving
    non-trivial problems discussing and designing data structures usually
    takes much more time than designing the algorithms.

    > Instead of fighting to "search" for
    >answers with Perl you can simple provide them.

    If you are talking about complex data structures then any programming
    language (well, maybe except assembler) provides means to construct
    those. Granted, some languages have more convenient support than others
    and Perl's support isn't bad at all. But it is by no means above and
    beyond other modern languages, either.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Jun 29, 2012

  3. On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 12:09:27 -0400, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:

    > In <>, on 06/29/2012
    > at 06:31 AM, J³rgen Exner <> said:
    >
    >>If you are talking about complex data structures then any programming
    >>language (well, maybe except assembler) provides means to construct
    >>those.

    > Actually, assembler does better than some other languages.

    Nooooooo, don't start about MUMPS!!!! :)

    M4
    Martijn Lievaart, Jul 7, 2012