less code best code

George Mpouras

From my experience I found out that in many cases you can replace tones of
code using the correct data structure. Instead of fighting to "search" for
answers with Perl you can simple provide them. Perl is great and I love it,
it should be on any educational program !

Jürgen Exner

George Mpouras said:
From my experience I found out that in many cases you can replace tones of
code using the correct data structure.

That is a very fundamental realization, welcome to the club. If your
professor tought only algorithms instead of algorithms and data
structures then you may want to ask for you money back.

Actually I think it would be difficult to talk about non-trivial
algorithms without talking about data structures. And when solving
non-trivial problems discussing and designing data structures usually
takes much more time than designing the algorithms.
Instead of fighting to "search" for
answers with Perl you can simple provide them.

If you are talking about complex data structures then any programming
language (well, maybe except assembler) provides means to construct
those. Granted, some languages have more convenient support than others
and Perl's support isn't bad at all. But it is by no means above and
beyond other modern languages, either.

jue