Let or not let the text float

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 15, 2004

    news:ixxNb.78351$...
    > Do you think that it is better to let the contents float to the left below
    > the menu on the following page?
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html
    >

    > --
    > Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    >

    > http://www.italymap.dk
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html

    May-be viceversa, because the menu is longer than the contents at the
    moment.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 15, 2004

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Do you think that it is better to let the contents float to the left

    below
    > > the menu on the following page?
    > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html
    > >

    > > --
    > > Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    > >

    > > http://www.italymap.dk
    > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html

    > May-be viceversa, because the menu is longer than the contents at the
    > moment.
    >

    > --
    > Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    >

    > http://www.italymap.dk
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html

    Or does the page look better if I put a part of the menu in the column on
    the right as on the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:ixxNb.78351$>
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> said:

    > Do you think that it is better to let the contents float to the left below
    > the menu on the following page?
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html

    the window width needs to be pretty small before that happens so i don't
    think it will occur that often unless your visitor uses large font
    sizes. when it does i think its nicer to have a single vert scroll than
    a hoz and vert.

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude
    brucie, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Steve R. Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote in message...
    > Or does the page look better if I put a part of the menu in the column on
    > the right as on the page

    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html

    Oh - didn't like that :~(

    Why don't you put some of the menu at the across the page at the top?
    For example language choice.
    Steve R., Jan 15, 2004
  6. "Steve R." <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote in message...
    > > Or does the page look better if I put a part of the menu in the column

    on
    > > the right as on the page

    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
    >
    > Oh - didn't like that :~(
    >
    > Why don't you put some of the menu at the across the page at the top?
    > For example language choice.

    Do you mean something like that on that page?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Steve R. Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote in message ...
    > Do you mean something like that on that page?
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html

    A bit like that, but write the language name in full, otherwise it will be
    missed.

    You can also reduce the spacing on your left hand menu and reduce the size
    of the words such as "Intermediation for rent of holiday lodgings" so they
    take up less vertical space. In fact you don't need any of that black text
    on the left as it's mostly duplicated in your menu links.
    Steve R., Jan 15, 2004