    characters with respect to each other and the alphanumeric characters?

    --Masood
    , Apr 13, 2005

  2. writes:
    > What is the standard C/C++ lexicograhic ordering of punctuation
    > characters with respect to each other and the alphanumeric characters?

    There is none. C requires the digits '0' through '9' to be
    consecutive; everything else is implementation-specific.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 13, 2005

  3. <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > What is the standard C/C++ lexicograhic ordering of punctuation
    > characters with respect to each other and the alphanumeric characters?
    >
    > --Masood

    There is none. Ordering depends on the locale used and will vary from
    country to country. For the standard C-locale, my guess is that the ordering
    depends on the underlying character set. For ASCII and related codepages, it
    will most likely be numerical order.

    /Peter
    Peter Koch Larsen, Apr 13, 2005