    example or a testbench that will help me do this? Hopefully someone
    will be able to point me in the right direction!!!

    , Mar 28, 2007

  2. KJ Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hey I'm really confused and could do with some help! I need to design
    > an 8-bit LFSR for use with a BIST system that I am also to design. I
    > need to use d-type flip-flops with an enable line and I cannot see an
    > example or a testbench that will help me do this? Hopefully someone
    > will be able to point me in the right direction!!!

    Peruse Google or Xilinx, you'll find plenty of examples

    KJ, Mar 28, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > I need to design
    > an 8-bit LFSR for use with a BIST system that I am also to design. I
    > need to use d-type flip-flops with an enable line and I cannot see an
    > example or a testbench that will help me do this? Hopefully someone
    > will be able to point me in the right direction!!!

    Search for the function identifier
    "randomize" in the testbench example here:

    http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/

    then

    random_byte_s <= randomize(random_byte_s);

    Works for sim or synthesis.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Mar 28, 2007
  4. weber Guest

    On 28 mar, 11:07, Mike Treseler <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I need to design
    > > an 8-bit LFSR for use with a BIST system that I am also to design. I
    > > need to use d-type flip-flops with an enable line and I cannot see an
    > > example or a testbench that will help me do this? Hopefully someone
    > > will be able to point me in the right direction!!!

    > Search for the function identifier
    > "randomize" in the testbench example here:
    >
    > http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/
    >
    > then
    >
    > random_byte_s <= randomize(random_byte_s);
    >
    > Works for sim or synthesis.
    >
    > -- Mike Treseler

    Mike, do you know any hw designer that blogs (about it) ?
    That's one thing i miss a lot, relating to the sw world...
    Cheers
    -weber

    weber, Mar 28, 2007
  5. Mike Treseler, Mar 28, 2007