LFSR code

0

0310889

Hey I'm really confused and could do with some help! I need to design
an 8-bit LFSR for use with a BIST system that I am also to design. I
need to use d-type flip-flops with an enable line and I cannot see an
example or a testbench that will help me do this? Hopefully someone
will be able to point me in the right direction!!!

KJ

Hey I'm really confused and could do with some help! I need to design
an 8-bit LFSR for use with a BIST system that I am also to design. I
need to use d-type flip-flops with an enable line and I cannot see an
example or a testbench that will help me do this? Hopefully someone
will be able to point me in the right direction!!!
Peruse Google or Xilinx, you'll find plenty of examples

Mike Treseler

I need to design
an 8-bit LFSR for use with a BIST system that I am also to design. I
need to use d-type flip-flops with an enable line and I cannot see an
example or a testbench that will help me do this? Hopefully someone
will be able to point me in the right direction!!!

Search for the function identifier
"randomize" in the testbench example here:

http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/

then

random_byte_s <= randomize(random_byte_s);

Works for sim or synthesis.

-- Mike Treseler