lgo4j RollingFileAppender won't roll file

driftn3

Hi all,

I've got the file size set to 1000K, and when it exceeds this size it's
clears the file and starts over without creating a rollover file.

I'm Using log4j 1.2.9, jvm 1.4.1, running on WebLogic server 8.1 sp2.
Here's my log4j config file:

#Root logger
log4j.rootLogger = INFO, ROOT

#Custom Loggers
log4j.logger.com.bofa = INFO, APP
log4j.logger.com.bofa.additivity=false

# define Appenders
log4j.appender.ROOT=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

log4j.appender.APP=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.APP.File=appslog/App.log

#define Layouts
log4j.appender.ROOT.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.ROOT.layout.conversionPattern=[%-5p][%d][%c]: %m%n
log4j.appender.APP.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.APP.layout.conversionPattern=[%-5p][%d][%c]: %m%n

# Set the max size of the file and the number of backup files
log4j.appender.APP.MaxFileSize=1000KB
log4j.appender.APP.MaxBackupIndex=3

Thnx in advance....

Larry

mw

Hi Larry,

it seems as if I have the same problem.
I have a MaxBackupIndex of 20, and everything went fine up to know.
But since my last re-install of the application, my xx.log file is not
rolled (to xx.log.1), but simply disappears. (BTW, my previous log
files are beeing rolled correctly.)
I could not find the reason yet. I've already checked if the disk is
out of space, write permissions have changed, but all seems correct.
I'm using log4j 1.2.8, j2sdk 1.4.2_01, tomcat 5.0.16.

Could you please let me know if you find a solution?

Manfred.