<li> and {list-style-type:disc;}

Discussion in 'HTML' started by steve, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    Hi

    I'm using

    <ul>
    <li>text</li>
    </ul>

    and my style is

    li { list-style-position:eek:utside; list-style-type:disc; color:#d40000;
    background-color:transparent; margin-left:20px; font-size:85%;
    font-family:verdena, times, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    letter-spacing:1px; }

    Why in some IE6 display the disc correctly and in some does not.
    Just display some funny little thing.
    I'm peaty sure that I have this problem before and there was some hack
    to fix it but I can just not remember

    Thanks

    steve, Nov 29, 2003

  2. steve

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:bqb126$96o$>
    steve said:

    > li { list-style-position:eek:utside;

    default

    > list-style-type:disc;

    default

    > Why in some IE6 display the disc correctly and in some does not.

    what is correctly? if the font is small it looks like a dot, the bigger
    it gets it looks like a diamond. who cares? do you really think people
    closely scrutinize your <ul> dots to make sure they're "correct" and if
    not run screaming from your site in horror? if its such an issue for you
    use an image.

    --
    brucie
    30/November/2003 07:04:15 am