lib confusion

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by roN, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. roN

    roN Guest

    Hi,

    can anybody help in following issue:

    *** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.6.4, but GLIB (2.8.0)
    *** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
    *** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the error
    *** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
    *** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
    *** required on your system.
    *** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
    *** to point to the correct configuration files
    no
    configure: error:
    *** GLIB 2.6.0 or better is required. The latest version of
    *** GLIB is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/.
    reg@linux:~/Desktop/gtk+-2.6.4> pkg-config --modversion
    Must specify package names on the command line
    reg@linux:~/Desktop/gtk+-2.6.4> pkg-config --modversion glib
    1.2.10
    reg@linux:~/Desktop/gtk+-2.6.4> pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0
    2.6.4
    reg@linux:~/Desktop/gtk+-2.6.4>

    What to do to get it sorted out? glib2 2.6.4 is really installed.
    Thank you!
    --
    chEErs roN

    I'm root, I'm allowed to do this! ;)
    keep on rockin'

    roN, Feb 14, 2006

  2. roN

    Zif Guest

    roN wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > can anybody help in following issue:

    [...]
    > What to do to get it sorted out? glib2 2.6.4 is really installed.

    Boy, are you lost! Seems like you need some kind of GTK/Gnome/Linux news
    group. Certainly nothing to do with JavaScript...

    --
    Zif

    Zif, Feb 14, 2006