    Where can I find good information about who to interpret information from
    headers of liberaries?

    Thanks a lot.

    Bert, Oct 17, 2006

  2. Bert wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Where can I find good information about who to interpret information from
    > headers of liberaries?

    I don't usually find reading header files to be terribly profitable. At
    least not if there is better/more complete documentation to be found.
    Usually the distributors of libraries provide documentation, which is
    almost always readily accessible via a Google search.

    If you're using Unix, some come with man pages or info docs.

    Chris Johnson, Oct 17, 2006

  3. Bert

    Bert Guest

    But is it not essential that you know you to get information from there?
    >> Where can I find good information about who to interpret information from
    >> headers of liberaries?

    > I don't usually find reading header files to be terribly profitable. At
    > least not if there is better/more complete documentation to be found.
    > Usually the distributors of libraries provide documentation, which is
    > almost always readily accessible via a Google search.
    >
    > If you're using Unix, some come with man pages or info docs.

    Bert, Oct 18, 2006
  4. Bert wrote:
    > But is it not essential that you know you to get information from there?

    While self-knowledge is certainly something to aspire to, I suspect
    Google works just as well for those that have not acheived it as for
    those that have. (Also, please don't top post.)

    Chris Johnson, Oct 18, 2006
  5. Bert

    Al Balmer Guest

    On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:04:57 +0200, "Bert" <> wrote:

    >But is it not essential that you know you to get information from there?

    From where? What are you talking about?
    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    --
    Al Balmer
    Sun City, AZ

    Al Balmer, Oct 18, 2006
  6. Bert

    Bert Guest

    "Al Balmer" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:04:57 +0200, "Bert" <> wrote:
    >
    >>But is it not essential that you know you to get information from there?

    > From where? What are you talking about?
    > http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    Thanks for your information but I just new.

    Now the problem is that I started programming with modula2 and their you
    read the header (they call defenition files) and then with some knowledge of
    the language then you write very quickly program's.
    But know I will like to study c/c++ I can't get out information from the
    headers.

    Thanks.

    Bert, Oct 18, 2006
  7. Bert

    Al Balmer Guest

    On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:07:29 +0200, "Bert" <> wrote:

    >"Al Balmer" <> schreef in bericht
    >> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:04:57 +0200, "Bert" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>But is it not essential that you know you to get information from there?

    >> From where? What are you talking about?
    >> http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    >Thanks for your information but I just new.
    >
    >Now the problem is that I started programming with modula2 and their you
    >read the header (they call defenition files) and then with some knowledge of
    >the language then you write very quickly program's.
    >But know I will like to study c/c++ I can't get out information from the
    >headers.

    That depends on who wrote the headers, and what their intended use is.
    If you're referring to the header files that come with a typical C
    implementation, Chris is probably right - they aren't very useful.
    They are usually complex, concentrate entirely on getting the job done
    rather than explaining how it's done, and the implementation's
    documentation should be much more useful.

    However, when you are writing your own library code, many people
    (including me) look on the header files as the place to document the
    usage of the library functions. Ideally, the user shouldn't have to
    worry about the actual implementation of your library functions. He
    only needs the prototypes and sufficient information to use them.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Sun City, AZ

    Al Balmer, Oct 18, 2006
  8. Bert

    CBFalconer Guest

    Bert wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > Now the problem is that I started programming with modula2 and
    > their you read the header (they call defenition files) and then
    > with some knowledge of the language then you write very quickly
    > program's. But know I will like to study c/c++ I can't get out
    > information from the headers.

    If the headers are well written you can. They should describe the
    purpose and action of the routines they declare.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Oct 18, 2006
  9. Bert

    Bert Guest

    "CBFalconer" <> schreef in bericht
    > Bert wrote:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >> Now the problem is that I started programming with modula2 and
    >> their you read the header (they call defenition files) and then
    >> with some knowledge of the language then you write very quickly
    >> program's. But know I will like to study c/c++ I can't get out
    >> information from the headers.

    > If the headers are well written you can. They should describe the
    > purpose and action of the routines they declare.

    > Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems.
    > <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    Oké thanks for helping.

    Bert, Oct 21, 2006