libraries, IDE and some doubts.

Manzanita

Hi,

I'm new to Java and have some questions about libraries and
utilities, i want to make a GUI using Java to construct graphs, once
constructed the Java program will call a C++ program which will do some
calculations based upon the graph.

I have seen two graph libraries, grappa and openJgraph, although i
don't see many people using them, which one is more advisable?, is there
any "standar" library graph?.

Can a Java program (both a applet and a standalone app) call a c++
program?, the reverse is quite easy to achieve, but i hesitate if it can
be done this way.

Is there any web which shows an applet with Java2d graphics doing a
graph, i.e., an applet that lets you construct a graph?, if you were to
do this app, would you use an applet or an standalone Java program?

What's the most extended IDE to program Java in Windows?

Thank you very much in advance and excuse my bad english.

Andrew Thompson

I have seen two graph libraries, grappa and openJgraph, although i
don't see many people using them, which one is more advisable?, is there
any "standar" library graph?.

There is no 'standard', but JFreeChart
is often recomended..