Libraries to handle common tasks

bazad

Hi,

Can you advice on a lightweight library to handle the following tasks:
- String manipulation (arbitrary length strings)
- Collections (sets, hash tables)

I am using FreeBSD and gcc.

Thank you

CBFalconer

bazad said:
Can you advice on a lightweight library to handle the following tasks:
- String manipulation (arbitrary length strings)
- Collections (sets, hash tables)

I am using FreeBSD and gcc.

That should not matter.

zero terminated strings are completely portable and have arbitrary
length. I recommend using strlcpy and strlcat (non-standard) as
far as possible to avoid errors.

A full portable hash table implementation is available at:

<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/hashlib.zip>

where you will also find strlcpy.zip.

strlcpy is public domain. Hashlib is GPLd.