Library for distributed systems

Chris

I'm looking for a good Java library for doing a distributed app. The
requirements:

* A master machine must be able to dispatch asynchronous messages to slave
machines
* When messages come back, the library must notify the app on the master
machine
* There should be a timeout on the messages
* If the master gets no response from a slave, it should mark the connection
dead and automatically connect to a backup machine. (I suppose it would be
easy to do this in the app).
* Message passing should be fast.
* The API should be reasonably simple.

Does such a library exist?

secret

I think that JMS (Java Messaging Service) is closest to what you desire.
You'll need to find an implementation that suits you. Weblogic has one, as
does IBM among others.

alan