library for doing html escaping...

Sean T Allen

--------------090403080404050404020301

ruby forge drives me crazy trying to find things...

need a library that provides simple functionality of take a string and
doing html escaping

" to "
& to &

etc.

suggestions....

--------------090403080404050404020301

begin:vcard
fn:Sean T. Allen
n:Allen;Sean T.
org:Ardis Marketing Group
adr;dom:;;;New York;NY
email;internet:[email protected]
title:Tech Guru
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://ardismg.com/
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------090403080404050404020301--

Phlip

Sean said:
ruby forge drives me crazy trying to find things...

Sometimes what you seek was obvious to everyone else, so they didn't
excessively document it. Sorry.
need a library that provides simple functionality of take a string and
doing html escaping

" to "
& to &

require 'cgi'

def test_escapeHTML()
scream = CGI::escapeHTML(">scream<")
assert_equal(scream, '&gt;scream&lt;')
end

Ara.T.Howard

--------------090403080404050404020301

ruby forge drives me crazy trying to find things...

need a library that provides simple functionality of take a string and
doing html escaping

" to &quot;
& to &amp;

etc.

suggestions....

it's builtin to ruby:

harp:~ > irb -r cgi
irb(main):001:0> CGI::escapeHTML %Q( " )
=> " &quot; "
irb(main):002:0> CGI::escapeHTML %Q( & )
irb(main):003:0> CGI::escapeHTML %Q( < )
irb(main):004:0> CGI::escapeHTML %Q( > )

cheers.
-a