    Marco Herrn
    (GnuPG/PGP-signed and crypted mail preferred)
    Key ID: 0x94620736
    Marco Herrn, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Marco Herrn

    Jp Calderone Guest

    On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 03:08:53PM +0000, Marco Herrn wrote:
    > Hi, I know of poplib, which does what I need except that it doesn't
    > support SSL encryption. imaplib has SSL-support. But I want it with
    > pop3. Is there a library available that does this or do I have to
    > implement it myself?

    http://www.twistedmatrix.com/

    Jp

    --
    http://catandgirl.com/view.cgi?44
    Jp Calderone, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Marco Herrn

    JanC Guest

    Marco Herrn <> schreef:

    > Hi, I know of poplib, which does what I need except that it doesn't
    > support SSL encryption. imaplib has SSL-support. But I want it with
    > pop3. Is there a library available that does this or do I have to
    > implement it myself?

    You can always use stunnel to SSL-ize a "normal" protocol...
    <http://www.stunnel.org/>

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Jul 16, 2003

  4. >> Hi, I know of poplib, which does what I need except that it doesn't
    >> support SSL encryption. imaplib has SSL-support. But I want it with
    >> pop3. Is there a library available that does this or do I have to
    >> implement it myself?

    JanC> You can always use stunnel to SSL-ize a "normal" protocol...
    JanC> <http://www.stunnel.org/>

    Doesn't stunnel only work for servers?

    Skip
    Skip Montanaro, Jul 16, 2003
  5. Marco Herrn

    JanC Guest

    Skip Montanaro <> schreef:

    > >> Hi, I know of poplib, which does what I need except that it
    > >> doesn't support SSL encryption. imaplib has SSL-support. But I
    > >> want it with pop3. Is there a library available that does this
    > >> or do I have to implement it myself?

    > JanC> You can always use stunnel to SSL-ize a "normal" protocol...
    > JanC> <http://www.stunnel.org/>
    >
    > Doesn't stunnel only work for servers?

    It works for both servers & clients.
    I use it with Xnews (my newsreader) to access secure NNTP servers.

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Jul 16, 2003
  6. Marco Herrn

    Donn Cave Guest

    Quoth JanC <>:
    | Marco Herrn <> schreef:
    |> Hi, I know of poplib, which does what I need except that it doesn't
    |> support SSL encryption. imaplib has SSL-support. But I want it with
    |> pop3. Is there a library available that does this or do I have to
    |> implement it myself?
    |
    | You can always use stunnel to SSL-ize a "normal" protocol...
    | <http://www.stunnel.org/>

    You can also SSL-ize a protocol in Python. I'm surprised to read
    that imaplib has SSL support, because I don't see it in the library
    module searching by 'ssl' or 'SSL'. I've had to do it the Python way,
    so to speak: subclass IMAP4, implement a fileobject-like object, etc.
    This should be feasible for POP3 as well - a quick look suggests that
    it might be enough to copy its __init__ and rewrite it. The fileobject
    emulation is to get pop3.file.readline et al. to call sslobject.read.

    Donn Cave,
    Donn Cave, Jul 16, 2003