Library for remove hidden meshes?

saroxonline76

Dear All,

I am working on a radar simulator. I want simulate the beam which come
back after a reflection on an obstacle.

The obstacle is a meshed 3d model.

I have to remove the meshes that are not hit by the radar beam.
For this reason I'm looking for a library able to remove meshes hidden
by other meshes after defining source of light (antenna position).

Thanks,
Rosario

Christopher Benson-Manica

In said:
I am working on a radar simulator. I want simulate the beam which come
back after a reflection on an obstacle.
For this reason I'm looking for a library able to remove meshes hidden
by other meshes after defining source of light (antenna position).

(You're off-topic in both comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++; we deal in
languages, not libraries.)

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

http://c-faq.com

saroxonline76

I'm sorry.

I thought that since I am looking C library this was the right group.

Thank you the same,
Rosario

Christopher Benson-Manica ha scritto:

Simon Biber

Dear All,

I am working on a radar simulator. I want simulate the beam which come
back after a reflection on an obstacle.

The obstacle is a meshed 3d model.

I have to remove the meshes that are not hit by the radar beam.
For this reason I'm looking for a library able to remove meshes hidden
by other meshes after defining source of light (antenna position).

I don't think you'll find a library that does this specifically. But
have a look for raytracing code. I wrote a raytracer in C++ that
calculates reflectance and shadowing of one object onto another, and
supports triangle meshes as one of the basic object types. It could
probably be adapted to what you want.

dcorbit