    Many thanks in advance.
    RR

    , Apr 9, 2008

  2. Noah Roberts Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > Anyone has any
    > suggestion or advise for me. ?

    Yeah, you'd be best served asking this in a Linux specific newsgroup.
    Neither threads nor libraries are part of the standard. The methods to
    work with them are VERY platform specific.

    Noah Roberts, Apr 9, 2008

    On Apr 9, 12:09 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > I have a question that maybe someone would be able to give me some
    > advice. In linux I have written a C++ program which makes use of a
    > library. The library is actually a sort of an API,

    <snip>

    A library is not "a sort of an API".

    A library *HAS* an API - Application Programmer Interface.

    The API is an (accurate) *description* of all of the
    public methods, variables, structs, classes, etc., in the
    library, telling the programmer how to use it.

    --
    Fred Kleinschmidt

    , Apr 10, 2008