    Better still, an initiative should be launched to standardize the
    C/C++ XML library.

    -Bhat

    Generic Usenet Account, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Generic Usenet Account wrote:
    > The C/C++ libxml library from xmfsoft (www.xmlsoft.org ---- GNOME
    > project) has in excess of 1000 APIs
    > (http://www.xmlsoft.org/APIfunctions.html). This excessively high
    > number of APIs is beyond the realm of any human being to grasp. IMHO,
    > an effort should be made to delineate the "public" APIs from the
    > "private" APIs, so that the application developers can forget about
    > the latter. Also, some guidance should be provided regarding the most
    > commonly used APIs, so that the developers are not overwhelmed by
    > relatively obscure features.
    >
    > Better still, an initiative should be launched to standardize the
    > C/C++ XML library.

    Given the amount of things that libxml does, I'm not sure that
    you will be able to "tame" it without removing significant
    functionality.

    <blatant-plug>

    If you are looking for something simpler, perhaps my Mini-XML
    library (1/40th the size of libxml) will do?

    http://www.easysw.com/~mike/mxml/

    </blatant-plug>

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products mike at easysw dot com
    Printing Software for UNIX http://www.easysw.com

    Michael Sweet, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Generic Usenet Account

    CBFalconer Guest

    Generic Usenet Account wrote:

    > The C/C++ libxml library from xmfsoft (www.xmlsoft.org ---- GNOME
    > project) has in excess of 1000 APIs
    > (http://www.xmlsoft.org/APIfunctions.html). This excessively high
    > number of APIs is beyond the realm of any human being to grasp. IMHO,

    .... snip ...

    Generic Usenet Account seems to insist on generating off-topic
    trolling cross-posts, so I suggest that everybody simply PLONK
    him/her/it.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Generic Usenet Account

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <> (Generic Usenet Account) writes:

    >Better still, an initiative should be launched to standardize the
    >C/C++ XML library.

    Launch it yourself, by becoming the leader of the project.

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group