  1. Hi

    Is the wrapper for libxml still maintained ?

    //Mike

    Mikael Larsson, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Mikael Larsson

    Kent Sibilev Guest

    I don't know whether it is being maintained but I'm using it without
    any problems.

    Cheers,
    Kent.

    Kent Sibilev, Dec 7, 2004

  3. Mikael Larsson

    Neil Stevens Guest

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 05:16:29 +0900, Mikael Larsson wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Is the wrapper for libxml still maintained ?

    I asked the same question a while back.

    The thing works for me now, so I wouldn't be to worried if it weren't
    maintained, but the problem is I can't seem to find any place to download
    it outside of FreeBSD ports.

    I'd pick it up, but I won't voluntary hack in C, heh.

    --
    Neil Stevens -
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who

    Neil Stevens, Dec 8, 2004
  4. On Wednesday 08 December 2004 06:27 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
    | On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 05:16:29 +0900, Mikael Larsson wrote:
    | > Hi
    | >
    | > Is the wrapper for libxml still maintained ?
    |
    | I asked the same question a while back.
    |
    | The thing works for me now, so I wouldn't be to worried if it weren't
    | maintained, but the problem is I can't seem to find any place to download
    | it outside of FreeBSD ports.
    |
    | I'd pick it up, but I won't voluntary hack in C, heh.

    Could you send me a copy? Or does anyone else know where I can get a source
    copy?

    If it is no longer maintained then I will add in to my xmltools project. Not
    that I'm doing much work on that at the moment, but it's a foot in the right
    direction.

    T.

    trans. (T. Onoma), Dec 9, 2004
  5. trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
    > On Wednesday 08 December 2004 06:27 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
    > | On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 05:16:29 +0900, Mikael Larsson wrote:
    > | > Hi
    > | >
    > | > Is the wrapper for libxml still maintained ?
    > |
    > | I asked the same question a while back.
    > |
    > | The thing works for me now, so I wouldn't be to worried if it weren't
    > | maintained, but the problem is I can't seem to find any place to download
    > | it outside of FreeBSD ports.
    > |
    > | I'd pick it up, but I won't voluntary hack in C, heh.
    >
    > Could you send me a copy? Or does anyone else know where I can get a source
    > copy?
    >
    > If it is no longer maintained then I will add in to my xmltools project. Not
    > that I'm doing much work on that at the moment, but it's a foot in the right
    > direction.

    Here is my version, it uses latest verzion from Sean Chittenden and
    includes some patches Sean didn't include (he doesn't use ruby any more)
    both fixes and new features.

    e.g. you can define custom schema handlers (like http:// ftp://) in
    ruby. This way you can reference from XSLT parser into XML database...

    But it uses LibXML and LibXSLT namesepaces instead of XML and XSLT to
    avoid conflict with ruby-expat wrapper.

    http://martin.solnet.cz/software/ruby/ruby-xml/

    Regards,

    --
    Mgr. Martin Povolný, soLNet, s.r.o.,
    +420777714458,

    Martin Povolný, Feb 25, 2005
  6. On Friday 25 February 2005 19:21, Martin Povolný wrote:
    > trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:

    > > | I asked the same question a while back.
    > > |
    > > | The thing works for me now, so I wouldn't be to worried if it weren't
    > > | maintained, but the problem is I can't seem to find any place to
    > > | download it outside of FreeBSD ports.
    > > |
    > > | I'd pick it up, but I won't voluntary hack in C, heh.
    > >
    > > Could you send me a copy? Or does anyone else know where I can get a
    > > source copy?
    > >
    > > If it is no longer maintained then I will add in to my xmltools project.
    > > Not that I'm doing much work on that at the moment, but it's a foot in
    > > the right direction.

    > Here is my version, it uses latest verzion from Sean Chittenden and
    > includes some patches Sean didn't include (he doesn't use ruby any more)
    > both fixes and new features.
    >
    > e.g. you can define custom schema handlers (like http:// ftp://) in
    > ruby. This way you can reference from XSLT parser into XML database...
    >
    > But it uses LibXML and LibXSLT namesepaces instead of XML and XSLT to
    > avoid conflict with ruby-expat wrapper.
    >
    > http://martin.solnet.cz/software/ruby/ruby-xml/
    >
    > Regards,

    Hi,

    I found this new project at rubyforge, no source yet, the project admin is
    Sean Chittenden
    http://rubyforge.org/projects/libxml/

    He may use ruby again

    //Mike

    Mikael Larsson, Feb 25, 2005
  7. Mikael Larsson wrote:
    > On Friday 25 February 2005 19:21, Martin Povolný wrote:
    >
    >>trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:

    >>>Could you send me a copy? Or does anyone else know where I can get a
    >>>source copy?
    >>>
    >>>If it is no longer maintained then I will add in to my xmltools project.
    >>>Not that I'm doing much work on that at the moment, but it's a foot in
    >>>the right direction.

    >>Here is my version, it uses latest verzion from Sean Chittenden and
    >>includes some patches Sean didn't include (he doesn't use ruby any more)
    >>both fixes and new features.
    >>
    >>e.g. you can define custom schema handlers (like http:// ftp://) in
    >>ruby. This way you can reference from XSLT parser into XML database...
    >>
    >>But it uses LibXML and LibXSLT namesepaces instead of XML and XSLT to
    >>avoid conflict with ruby-expat wrapper.
    >>
    >>http://martin.solnet.cz/software/ruby/ruby-xml/
    >>
    >>Regards,

    > Hi,
    >
    > I found this new project at rubyforge, no source yet, the project admin is
    > Sean Chittenden
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/libxml/

    He also has http://rubyforge.org/projects/libxsl/

    same date and also no files

    > He may use ruby again

    Wait and see, or ask him ....

    I have no time to work on libxml/libxslt

    I just offer my version which includes some fixes etc. to anyone who
    would pick up Sean's project. That's all.

    Regards,

    Martin Povolný, Feb 25, 2005
  8. Mikael Larsson

    Neil Stevens Guest

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 01:41:22 +0900, trans. (T. Onoma) wrote:
    > Could you send me a copy? Or does anyone else know where I can get a source
    > copy?
    >
    > If it is no longer maintained then I will add in to my xmltools project. Not
    > that I'm doing much work on that at the moment, but it's a foot in the right
    > direction.

    Oops, I missed this message when you first sent it!

    Any distfile archive of the FreeBSD ports should have it. See
    http://www.freshports.org/textproc/ruby-libxml/

    --
    Neil Stevens -

    'A republic, if you can keep it.' -- Benjamin Franklin

    Neil Stevens, Feb 25, 2005