libxml2

Kent Sibilev

I don't know whether it is being maintained but I'm using it without
any problems.

Cheers,
Kent.

Neil Stevens

Hi

Is the wrapper for libxml still maintained ?

I asked the same question a while back.

The thing works for me now, so I wouldn't be to worried if it weren't
maintained, but the problem is I can't seem to find any place to download
it outside of FreeBSD ports.

I'd pick it up, but I won't voluntary hack in C, heh.

trans. (T. Onoma)

16:29 +0900, Mikael Larsson wrote:
| > Hi
| >
| > Is the wrapper for libxml still maintained ?
|
| I asked the same question a while back.
|
| The thing works for me now, so I wouldn't be to worried if it weren't
| maintained, but the problem is I can't seem to find any place to download
| it outside of FreeBSD ports.
|
| I'd pick it up, but I won't voluntary hack in C, heh.

Could you send me a copy? Or does anyone else know where I can get a source
copy?

If it is no longer maintained then I will add in to my xmltools project. Not
that I'm doing much work on that at the moment, but it's a foot in the right
direction.

T.

Martin Povolný

trans. (T. Onoma) said:
16:29 +0900, Mikael Larsson wrote:
| > Hi
| >
| > Is the wrapper for libxml still maintained ?
|
| I asked the same question a while back.
|
| The thing works for me now, so I wouldn't be to worried if it weren't
| maintained, but the problem is I can't seem to find any place to download
| it outside of FreeBSD ports.
|
| I'd pick it up, but I won't voluntary hack in C, heh.

Could you send me a copy? Or does anyone else know where I can get a source
copy?

If it is no longer maintained then I will add in to my xmltools project. Not
that I'm doing much work on that at the moment, but it's a foot in the right
direction.

Here is my version, it uses latest verzion from Sean Chittenden and
includes some patches Sean didn't include (he doesn't use ruby any more)
both fixes and new features.

e.g. you can define custom schema handlers (like http:// ftp://) in
ruby. This way you can reference from XSLT parser into XML database...

But it uses LibXML and LibXSLT namesepaces instead of XML and XSLT to
avoid conflict with ruby-expat wrapper.

http://martin.solnet.cz/software/ruby/ruby-xml/

Regards,

Mikael Larsson

Here is my version, it uses latest verzion from Sean Chittenden and
includes some patches Sean didn't include (he doesn't use ruby any more)
both fixes and new features.

e.g. you can define custom schema handlers (like http:// ftp://) in
ruby. This way you can reference from XSLT parser into XML database...

But it uses LibXML and LibXSLT namesepaces instead of XML and XSLT to
avoid conflict with ruby-expat wrapper.

http://martin.solnet.cz/software/ruby/ruby-xml/

Regards,
Hi,

I found this new project at rubyforge, no source yet, the project admin is
Sean Chittenden
http://rubyforge.org/projects/libxml/

He may use ruby again

//Mike

Martin Povolný

Neil Stevens

Could you send me a copy? Or does anyone else know where I can get a source
copy?

If it is no longer maintained then I will add in to my xmltools project. Not
that I'm doing much work on that at the moment, but it's a foot in the right
direction.

Oops, I missed this message when you first sent it!

Any distfile archive of the FreeBSD ports should have it. See
http://www.freshports.org/textproc/ruby-libxml/