libxslt: compiled xml representation?

Johannes Busse

Hi,

I call the libxslt processor from within
a python cgi script: a requested *little*
xhtml file should be processed according
do a fixed xml database (actually an XML
Topic Map (XTM)).

My problem: it takes some 20 up to 60 seconds
just to load the XTM (about 500kb).
The result is an inacceptable
large answer time.

My question: Is there a possibility to write
out (and to read in) XML files in a "compiled"
representation -- say a binary DOM?

I am using libxslt and saxon 6.5

Thank you!
johannes