    is can I enable the VSS functions in both VS.NET in my office as both VS.NET
    are pointing to only one VSS DB.

    Million Thanks
    Grey, Jun 12, 2004

  2. You get the database "free" but only licensed clients are legally allowed
    to use it.

    "How do I license Visual SourceSafe for my team?

    "Each member of the team needs their own licensed copy of Visual SourceSafe.
    Team members can install their copy on either their client workstation or
    access their own copy from a server machine, as long as each end-user has
    their own individual licensed copy of Visual SourceSafe. If a team member
    uses multiple machines (for example, a team member that might work on a
    different machine from home) they may install their single licensed copy of
    Visual SourceSafe on more than one machine, provided that they are the only
    end-user for the particular copy of Visual SourceSafe.

    There is no "server license" for Visual SourceSafe. Each team member only
    needs a licensed copy of the Visual SourceSafe client application. These
    applications access a shared database."

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/previous/ssafe/productinfo/qa/

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 12, 2004