licensing an asp.net application

kvvinaykumar

hi ,
I would like to know the code or teh approach for licensing an
asp.net application.

could som on please help me.

the SLP is good but the cost is expensive.

Thanks and Regards
vinay

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Vinay.

re:
!> I would like to know the code or teh approach for licensing an asp.net application.
!> the SLP is good but the cost is expensive.

Not to mention that SLP isn't being sold currently.

You might want to look into Desaware's licensing system :

http://www.desaware.com/products/licensingsystem/index.aspx

It's $1,500 for an unlimited license...but that's a small investment to protect your programming work.
They also have a $495 single-application license. You might want that, instead.

Here's a good review of the Desaware licensing system :
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...ef-45699c35efd9/license-aspnet-applicati.aspx

You can also benefit from licensing server controls. Here's a walkthough with sample code:

LogicNP

To license your ASP.Net app, take a look at CryptoLicensing ( http://www.ssware.com/cryptolicensing/cryptolicensing_net.htm ). Apart from normal licenses, one scenario it supports is tying the license to a specific website(s).

Juan T. Llibre wrote:

Re: licensing an asp.net application
03-Oct-08

Hi, Vinay

re
!> I would like to know the code or teh approach for licensing an asp.net application
!> the SLP is good but the cost is expensive

Not to mention that SLP isn't being sold currently

You might want to look into Desaware's licensing system

http://www.desaware.com/products/licensingsystem/index.asp

It's $1,500 for an unlimited license...but that's a small investment to protect your programming work
They also have a $495 single-application license. You might want that, instead

Here's a good review of the Desaware licensing system
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...8ef-45699c35efd9/license-aspnet-applicati.asp

You can also benefit from licensing server controls. Here's a walkthough with sample code
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479017.asp

[...]

I found this it may do what you want. I have not looked at it yet

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/InstallKe

Tom

licensing an asp.net application
hi
I would like to know the code or teh approach for licensing a
asp.net application

could som on please help me

the SLP is good but the cost is expensive

Thanks and Regard
vinay

Essential Guide to Managed Extensions in C++
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...4-955307977349/essential-guide-to-manage.aspx