    I'm developing a site that is about Ruby, what is the licensing for the rub=
    y icon? Is it okay to use?

    Miles Smith

    Miles Smith, Feb 23, 2010

  2. Miles Smith

    Tony Arcieri Guest

    http://rubyidentity.org/

    The Ruby logo is copyright =A9 2006, Yukihiro Matsumoto. It is released und=
    er
    the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
    License<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/>.

    On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Miles Smith <> wrote:

    > I'm developing a site that is about Ruby, what is the licensing for the
    > ruby icon? Is it okay to use?
    >
    > Miles Smith

    --=20
    Tony Arcieri
    Medioh! A Kudelski Brand

    Tony Arcieri, Feb 23, 2010

  3. On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Tony Arcieri <> wrote:

    > http://rubyidentity.org/
    >
    > The Ruby logo is copyright =A9 2006, Yukihiro Matsumoto. It is released u=

    nder
    > the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5
    > License<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/>.
    >

    > On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Miles Smith <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm developing a site that is about Ruby, what is the licensing for the
    > > ruby icon? Is it okay to use?

    Don't assume the same about the Rails logo, if it ever comes up in your
    articles.
    I don't have explicit references, but the Rails logo has more restrictive
    terms of
    use (I think it has come up in the past with conference organisers). I dont
    recall
    it ever being enforced, but if you ever want to include the Rails logo in a=
    article,
    you will need to do some howework on it.

    --=20
    http://richardconroy.blogspot.com

    Richard Conroy, Feb 23, 2010