    Eclipse. I really liked the ability to switch from interactive
    interpreter to editor easily. The autocompletion is very helpful so
    idle does not quite cut it for me.

    python, Apr 4, 2011

  2. python wrote:

    > I have looked a while for this answer. Sorry if it right before me.
    >
    > I have move from Windows to os x. The thing I miss most is pywin.
    > I know you can purchase or download full IDE's for python or even use
    > Eclipse. I really liked the ability to switch from interactive
    > interpreter to editor easily. The autocompletion is very helpful so
    > idle does not quite cut it for me.

    How about eric (http://eric-ide.python-projects.org)?

    Detlev
    --
    Detlev Offenbach

    Detlev Offenbach, Apr 5, 2011

  3. python

    python Guest

    On Apr 5, 1:26 pm, Detlev Offenbach <> wrote:
    > python wrote:
    > > I have looked a while for this answer.  Sorry if it right before me.

    > > I have move from Windows toosx.  The thing I miss most is pywin.
    > > I know you can purchase or download fullIDE'sfor python or even use
    > > Eclipse.   I really liked the ability to switch from interactive
    > > interpreter to editor easily.  The autocompletion is very helpful so
    > > idle does not quite cut it for me.

    > How about eric (http://eric-ide.python-projects.org)?
    >
    > Detlev
    > --
    > Detlev Offenbach

    I did look at it once. It does not seem light weight and could not
    figure out how to get interactive interpreter window. Maybe I was
    missing something. Someone suggested Editra http://editra.org/.
    This seems to meet my needs.

    Thanks,
    Bill