Limit (max) connections SimpleHTTPServer

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel, Jun 15, 2009.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to know if there is some way to limit the maximum number
    of connections to my SimpleHTTPServer. I have built a system that
    sends out work from one box to worker boxes and am using
    SimpleHTTPServer to send the work. The files are very large
    (sometimes as much as 20-30MB). When the system gets backed up, there
    can be as many as 500 requests coming in. After about 100
    connections, the whole system starts to get sluggish. When they get
    over 250 or so some requests will begin to fail

    "error: (10054, 'Connection reset by peer')"

    or "error: (10053, 'Software caused connection abort')"

    Any help and suggestions appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Daniel, Jun 15, 2009