Limit (max) connections SimpleHTTPServer

Daniel

Hello,

I would like to know if there is some way to limit the maximum number
of connections to my SimpleHTTPServer. I have built a system that
sends out work from one box to worker boxes and am using
SimpleHTTPServer to send the work. The files are very large
(sometimes as much as 20-30MB). When the system gets backed up, there
can be as many as 500 requests coming in. After about 100
connections, the whole system starts to get sluggish. When they get
over 250 or so some requests will begin to fail

"error: (10054, 'Connection reset by peer')"

or "error: (10053, 'Software caused connection abort')"

Any help and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.