    on the number of entries in a listbox? Also, any better
    ideas on how to allow the user to select from a large
    number of records (> 1000)?

    JohnH, Oct 29, 2003

  2. > on the number of entries in a listbox? Also, any better
    > ideas on how to allow the user to select from a large
    > number of records (> 1000)?

    Let them break it down, e.g. give me a list of those that start with A, B,
    C, etc.

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 29, 2003

  3. > a DTC listbox (server-side) bound to a recordset to allow
    > the user to make a selection.

    Yuck. Do you really need to use a DTC here? You realize how easy it is to
    populate a <SELECT> list from a database, without using this proprietary and
    browser-dependant nonsense, right?

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 29, 2003
  4. JohnH

    JohnH Guest

    I can look into doing this, but I don't know where/what
    the restriction is, i.e. would I still get the same
    problem populating 'manually'?

    JohnH, Oct 30, 2003
  5. JohnH

    JohnH Guest

    Would be nicer, but the customer doesn't want to do this -
    he wants to be able to select from the full list.

    John

    JohnH, Oct 30, 2003
  6. JohnH

    Stuart Guest

    I have generated a Select box with 1200 records before.

    It was fairly slow to load but was only for administration for myself so it
    didn't matter.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Oct 30, 2003
  7. Time to put your foot down and give the customer what he NEEDS instead of
    what he WANTS. Even if you could populate the list successfully, after a
    few times working with a list that long, he'll get fussy that he can't find
    what he wants and blame you.

    William Morris, Oct 30, 2003