    appropriate way to move files to sub directories and have them run? I think
    it has somethin to do with the code behind.

    Lyners
    Lyners, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Lyners

    Pat Guest

    Lyners the error you are getting doesn't seem its related to security issue
    but compilation issue..
    Pls elaborate.
    Patrick

    "Lyners" <> wrote in message
    > I have an application that runs over our intranet. I have some pages I

    only
    > want "Administrative" people to see. I thought one way of doing this was

    > creqate a sub directory in the application dorectory and add a web.config
    > file that would limit access to only those that we want as admin. But when

    > created the sub directory and moved the aspx pages there i got an error
    > stating;

    > service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
    > details and modify your source file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: Could not load type

    'Application.SubDirectory\WebPage'.

    Pat, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Lyners

    Lyners Guest

    Hi Pat, Thanks for the reply.
    I figured out what I wanted to do. I added forms secuirty to the
    application. I added users to a SQL Server Database and then had the
    web.config point to a login screen where the user is prompted for a userid,
    password. if it is a valid password then it alows them access to the web
    pages in the directory. If not, well they get the login page over and over
    again.

    This works for what i am trying to do. Part of my error was my coding. But I
    have learned a little and know have me application up and running.

    Thank you.
    Lyners

    Lyners, Aug 29, 2005
  4. Lyners

    Pat Guest

    No worries..Lyner
    Good you got it working
    Patrick

    "Lyners" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Pat, Thanks for the reply.
    > I figured out what I wanted to do. I added forms secuirty to the
    > application. I added users to a SQL Server Database and then had the
    > web.config point to a login screen where the user is prompted for a

    userid,
    > password. if it is a valid password then it alows them access to the web
    > pages in the directory. If not, well they get the login page over and over
    > again.
    >
    > This works for what i am trying to do. Part of my error was my coding. But

    > have learned a little and know have me application up and running.
    >
    > Thank you.
    > Lyners
    >
    > "Pat" wrote:
    >
    > > Lyners the error you are getting doesn't seem its related to security

    issue
    > > but compilation issue..
    > > Pls elaborate.
    > > Patrick
    > >
    > > "Lyners" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have an application that runs over our intranet. I have some pages I

    > > only
    > > > want "Administrative" people to see. I thought one way of doing this

    was
    > > > creqate a sub directory in the application dorectory and add a

    web.config
    > > > file that would limit access to only those that we want as admin. But

    when
    > > > created the sub directory and moved the aspx pages there i got an

    error
    > > > stating;

    required

    Pat, Aug 31, 2005