Limiting search results to a subdirectory

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Bonnie, Apr 2, 2007.

  1. Bonnie

    Bonnie Guest

    I have a basic ASP / Index Server search page. I have a web site contained in
    a subdirectory in the root of a main web site. What I’m trying to do is force
    the search page in the subdirectory, conduct its search ONLY in the
    subdirectory, and NOT display results from the parent/root. (Note: there is
    also a similar search page for the main site, in the root, which I am having
    no problem excluding the subdirectory from its search results.)

    Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
    1. My sys admin created a totally separate catalog to point to for the search
    2. Limited the vpath to the subdirectory - (#vpath *\TextOnly*)
    3. Tried various combinations of 1 & 2 above
    4. Publish the site to another server, then created a redirect in the
    subdirectory to point to that location

    The results – the search either returns results from the root and
    subdirectory, or it returns “No results foundâ€.

    Is this possible to return results from a subdirectory and exclude
    everything from the parent/root?

    Thank you.
    Bonnie, Apr 2, 2007