    Kevin
    www.seoptimise.com

    , Sep 18, 2006

    Sorry I meant ASP, SQL would be fine too though.

    , Sep 18, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking to return the first 50 characters from a database field.
    > Does anyone know if there is a SQL function that returns a defined
    > amount of characters from a database field?

    Of course there is. However, we cannot get specific without knowing what
    database you are using: Access? MS SQL Server? Oracle? Something else?

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 18, 2006
  4. Answered by several people in sqlserver.programming. Please don't
    multi-post.

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Sep 18, 2006