    Options are generated in code, so I could do a measure there and clip
    by hand, but I wouldn't think I'd need to.

    Thanks!

    Manny Klystron, Dec 20, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Manny Klystron"
    <> writing in

    > How do I peg the width of the box generated by a <select> tag,
    > clipping
    >
    ><options> that're too long for it? It's turning out to be difficult to
    >
    > google for.
    >
    > This is IE6, IE7, Safari. IE7 is ignoring the "clip: rect{}" style.
    > Options are generated in code, so I could do a measure there and clip
    > by hand, but I wouldn't think I'd need to.
    >

    > Thanks!

    There isn't much you can do for this. You can try setting the width in
    CSS, but that doesn't always work. If the list is generated server
    side, that's your best bet. Actually, this is something I very rarely
    worry about, if it's wide, it's wide, that's just the way the cookie
    crumbles. You might be able to move some other form elements around to
    accomodate it.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services