Line based graphic in canvas (vectorgraphic?) scale incorrectly onHDMI monitor.

jonas.thornvall

Is there a way to make linebased graphic used in canvas scale correct on any monitor?

I run in 1920*1080 on a Philips TV used as monitor does it matter, lines tend to get longer vertical then horizontal?

Strange is i really do not see it writing out recangles.

Ned Batchelder

Is there a way to make linebased graphic used in canvas scale correct on any monitor?

I run in 1920*1080 on a Philips TV used as monitor does it matter, lines tend to get longer vertical then horizontal?

Strange is i really do not see it writing out recangles.

I'm not sure how we can help without seeing any code. There's no
information here that we can use to make a concrete suggestion.

jonas.thornvall

Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 20:03:17 UTC+1 skrev Ned Batchelder:
I'm not sure how we can help without seeing any code. There's no

information here that we can use to make a concrete suggestion.
A vertical and horisontal line of same length will be plottet out like this..
There is really no code to show yet, i just write out some lines and noted that writing out a verital line of length 400 is longer then a horisontal line of same length e.g.

line(100,100,500,100); is shorter
line(300,100,300,500); is longer

jonas.thornvall

Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 20:56:54 UTC+1 skrev Ned Batchelder:
Sounds like you don't have square pixels. Either use a monitor which

does, or adjust your coordinates to take the shape of the pixel into

account, or try different resolution settings to see if one of them does

have square pixels. Also, the settings on the monitor matter also, you

may be able to adjust them to correct the shape of the pixel.

It is weird because it seem to be compensated writing out rectangles, but not for linegraphics.