    download to their pc? It is something like WS-FTP except it is on page.

    --

    alan

    alanb, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Hi Alan,

    I wonder if this will do what you need?

    "AWS FilePicker is a free ASP.Net web control that lets users navigate
    through a folder on the server and select a file. The user can also upload
    files to the folder, create subfolders, and copy/move/delete files and
    folders. In many ways, FilePicker emulates the "Open File" dialog in Windows
    applications."

    http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/ControlDetail.aspx?Control=1901&tabindex=2

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Apr 22, 2004

  3. alanb

    alanb Guest

    Ken,

    I just d/l it and will let you know.
    Thank You, Ken for the AWSFilePicker.

    alanb, Apr 22, 2004
  4. I didn't write it, I just pointed you to it!

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Apr 22, 2004
  5. alanb

    alanb Guest

    I just thought you would like to know how I am doing.
    Nevertheless, I could not make progress after the install. I had typed
    http:// localhost/findpicker.aspx.. But it did not work right. All the time
    I thought I have ASP NET framework installed on my machine more than a year
    ago. It may look bad for me now; I may have to read its .pdf documents.
    Anway, thank you for the link.

    alanb, Apr 22, 2004
  6. Are you sure you're navigating to the right location?

    The URL would likely be http://localhost/myweb/findpicker.aspx and if you
    are using the binary, the DLL would go in the /bin directory of that Web.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Apr 23, 2004
  7. alanb

    alanb Guest

    You may make suggestions, but I have to tell you that I know little asp.
    Right now the IIS server is default at InetPub/wwwroot.
    For example I type in http://Myweb/FilePicker, it is actually
    http://MyWeb/InetPub/wwwroot/FilePicker.
    But the problem crops up when I learned that the FilePicker.aspx is actually
    located in
    http://MyServerIP/FilePicker/FilePicker/FilePicker.aspx.
    When I try open this link, it could not locate the page, but
    if I try

    http://MyServerIP/FilePicker/FilePicker.aspx
    would show something like this below in snippet.
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.IO.Path" %>
    <%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="ChrisDengler.WebUI.Components"
    Assembly="WebMsgBox" %>
    <%@ Page trace="False" Inherits="AWS.FilePicker.FileManager"
    CodeBehind="FilePicker.aspx.vb" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" %>

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE> <%=rm.GetString("LOC_LABEL_SELECTAFILE")%>
    </TITLE>
    but the FilePicker.aspx does NOT exist in that location.
    I am aware of two FILEPICKER folders due to my possible error; I dont know
    how it happened.

    alanb, Apr 23, 2004
  8. alanb

    alanb Guest

    I notice something.. I think this has to be fixed, first.

    for example,

    http://localhost/button1.aspx (for example)... the button1.aspx will
    respond correctly because it resides in
    c:\Inetpub\wwwroot.

    If I go one folder further from WWWROOT directory

    http://localhost/FilePicker, then HTTP: 403 Msg pops up:
    "You are not authorized to view this page." I notice whatever folder I try
    to access from wwwroot will display like this.

    Any idea?
    Alan

    alanb, Apr 23, 2004