line of code for download

alanb

Can somebody be willing to provide me a few lines of code?

a submit botton on page that when clicked will open a directory folder i.e
networ/public directory with files and then make a file selection for
download to their pc? It is something like WS-FTP except it is on page.

alanb

I just thought you would like to know how I am doing.
Nevertheless, I could not make progress after the install. I had typed
http:// localhost/findpicker.aspx.. But it did not work right. All the time
I thought I have ASP NET framework installed on my machine more than a year
ago. It may look bad for me now; I may have to read its .pdf documents.
Anway, thank you for the link.

alanb

You may make suggestions, but I have to tell you that I know little asp.
Right now the IIS server is default at InetPub/wwwroot.
For example I type in http://Myweb/FilePicker, it is actually
http://MyWeb/InetPub/wwwroot/FilePicker.
But the problem crops up when I learned that the FilePicker.aspx is actually
located in
http://MyServerIP/FilePicker/FilePicker/FilePicker.aspx.
When I try open this link, it could not locate the page, but
if I try

http://MyServerIP/FilePicker/FilePicker.aspx
would show something like this below in snippet.
<%@ Import Namespace="System.IO.Path" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="ChrisDengler.WebUI.Components"
Assembly="WebMsgBox" %>
<%@ Page trace="False" Inherits="AWS.FilePicker.FileManager"
CodeBehind="FilePicker.aspx.vb" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" %>

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> <%=rm.GetString("LOC_LABEL_SELECTAFILE")%>
</TITLE>
but the FilePicker.aspx does NOT exist in that location.
I am aware of two FILEPICKER folders due to my possible error; I dont know
how it happened.

alanb

I notice something.. I think this has to be fixed, first.

for example,

http://localhost/button1.aspx (for example)... the button1.aspx will
respond correctly because it resides in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot.

If I go one folder further from WWWROOT directory

http://localhost/FilePicker, then HTTP: 403 Msg pops up:
"You are not authorized to view this page." I notice whatever folder I try
to access from wwwroot will display like this.

Any idea?
Alan