    A very big bonus extra(but not required) is to define certain variables
    cannot go negative but i think this cannot be done

    Can anybody suggest an adequate free c library for that ?
    Guenther Sohler, Sep 19, 2005

  2. "Guenther Sohler" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for a apropriate c library to solve my
    > sparse linear equation system.

    This is OT in this group, since the standard C libraries (the ones covered
    by the C standard) includes no equation solvers. You better try googling for
    something like Numerical Recipes in C - The Art of Scientific Computing by
    Press, Teukolsky, etc -- it's a .pdf book available somewhere on the net for
    free. It includes explanations and sample code for your problems, which
    standard C libs don't.

    HTH
    Alex
    Alexei A. Frounze, Sep 19, 2005