Linear Equation solver

Guenther Sohler

I am looking for a apropriate c library to solve my
sparse linear equation system.

I have n variables and m equations.

m might be less, equal or greater then n!!!!

If there are less equations than variables, the system should
effectively set undefined variables to 0

If there are still more equations than variables after removing redundancy,
the system shall report an error.

A very big bonus extra(but not required) is to define certain variables
cannot go negative but i think this cannot be done

Can anybody suggest an adequate free c library for that ?

Alexei A. Frounze

Guenther Sohler said:
I am looking for a apropriate c library to solve my
sparse linear equation system.

This is OT in this group, since the standard C libraries (the ones covered
by the C standard) includes no equation solvers. You better try googling for
something like Numerical Recipes in C - The Art of Scientific Computing by
Press, Teukolsky, etc -- it's a .pdf book available somewhere on the net for
free. It includes explanations and sample code for your problems, which
standard C libs don't.

HTH
Alex