    Jorge Velasquez
    PhD Student, Department of Ecology and Evolution at Stony Brook
    , Oct 17, 2007

  2. Hi Jorge,

    On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:44:28 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I'm new to this group so I don't know if this question has been posted
    >before, but does anyone knows about linear/integer programming
    >routines in Python that are available on the web, more specifically of
    >the branch and bound method.

    Try using your favourite search engine with a search string like
    "linear programming Python branch bound". Using Alta Vista
    (http://www.altavista.com/web/adv) I got:

    AltaVista found 16,500 results

    and Google gave:

    Results 1 - 10 of about 7,990

    Some on the first page of each look like good possibilities, and I'm
    sure there are others in the group that have first-hand experience and
    can offer comparisons and advice. You might also try searching the
    archives of this group--I searched just what my server has still
    available and got no hits on "linear programming", but didn't try just
    "LP" or similar.

    Good luck!
    Wayne

    Wayne Brehaut, Oct 17, 2007

  3. Terry Reedy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    | Hi all,
    |
    | I'm new to this group so I don't know if this question has been posted
    | before,

    Searching this group for 'linear programming' at
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/topics?lnk=srg
    gives 30 hits.

    | but does anyone knows about linear/integer programming
    | routines in Python that are available on the web, more specifically of
    | the branch and bound method.

    Searching the web for 'python linear programming' gives a lot more.

    tjr
    Terry Reedy, Oct 17, 2007
  4. Carl Banks Guest

    On Oct 17, 11:44 am, wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm new to this group so I don't know if this question has been posted
    > before, but does anyone knows about linear/integer programming
    > routines in Python that are available on the web, more specifically of
    > the branch and bound method.

    Sciy and Numpy

    Scipy has a wrapper for the Minpack, which has a (continuous) linear
    programming solver.

    I don't recall if there's an integer programming solver in there,
    though. Even if there isn't, Python has some very good tools for
    wrapping Fortran and some C numerical routines. The F2PY package,
    which is part of Numpy, does this.

    Carl Banks
    Carl Banks, Oct 17, 2007