linear programming in Python

jivelasquezt

Hi all,

I'm new to this group so I don't know if this question has been posted
before, but does anyone knows about linear/integer programming
routines in Python that are available on the web, more specifically of
the branch and bound method.

Thanks,

Jorge Velasquez
PhD Student, Department of Ecology and Evolution at Stony Brook

Wayne Brehaut

Hi Jorge,

Hi all,

I'm new to this group so I don't know if this question has been posted
before, but does anyone knows about linear/integer programming
routines in Python that are available on the web, more specifically of
the branch and bound method.

Try using your favourite search engine with a search string like
"linear programming Python branch bound". Using Alta Vista
(http://www.altavista.com/web/adv) I got:

AltaVista found 16,500 results

and Google gave:

Results 1 - 10 of about 7,990

Some on the first page of each look like good possibilities, and I'm
sure there are others in the group that have first-hand experience and
can offer comparisons and advice. You might also try searching the
archives of this group--I searched just what my server has still
available and got no hits on "linear programming", but didn't try just
"LP" or similar.

Good luck!
Wayne

Terry Reedy

| Hi all,
|
| I'm new to this group so I don't know if this question has been posted
| before,

Searching this group for 'linear programming' at
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/topics?lnk=srg
gives 30 hits.

| but does anyone knows about linear/integer programming
| routines in Python that are available on the web, more specifically of
| the branch and bound method.

Searching the web for 'python linear programming' gives a lot more.

tjr

Carl Banks

Hi all,

I'm new to this group so I don't know if this question has been posted
before, but does anyone knows about linear/integer programming
routines in Python that are available on the web, more specifically of
the branch and bound method.

Sciy and Numpy

Scipy has a wrapper for the Minpack, which has a (continuous) linear
programming solver.

I don't recall if there's an integer programming solver in there,
though. Even if there isn't, Python has some very good tools for
wrapping Fortran and some C numerical routines. The F2PY package,
which is part of Numpy, does this.

Carl Banks