linearly separable

Sonia

Could someone please explain to me what does it mean for a function to be
linearly separable ?

Thanks,
Sonia

Sonia

Shane Beasley said:
"Sonia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Could someone please explain to me what does it mean for a function to be
linearly separable ?

This is not a C++ question, so it is off-topic here. The term is
strongly associated with neural networks, so you might get a better
response from an AI group, or maybe a general algorithms group.

<off-topic>
I found quite a bit of information by Googling for "linearly
separable", which means that you could (and should) have done the
same. However, here's a site which explains it well enough -- note
especially the AND/OR/NOT and XOR diagrams at the bottom of the page:

<http://tinyurl.com/hgxp>

For further information, Google for [neural networks] or get a good
book on AI (e.g., Russell and Norvig's "Artificial Intelligence: A
Modern Approach", one of the canonical tomes on the subject).
</off-topic>

- Shane

Thanks Shane, and I'm sorry. I tired over here because the AI forum did not
respond.