Linebreak problem on the interactive interpreter Win2k

Jonas Galvez

A few days ago I posted about a problem I was having on Win2k,
regarding a SyntaxError error on the interactive interpreter to
anything I typed. The thread is located here: tinyurl.com/2kk7b

I've mode some progress on this. I noticed that the problem in
fact lies on the line break. If I place a # on the end of the line,
Python has no problem interpreting it:

C:\>python
Python 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
File "<stdin>", line 1
print "This doesn't work"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
The problem is that Python is not interpreting "\r\n" correctly:

Can I change this anyhow?

Jonas